Sanako Career Talks Continue to Enthuse Students About MFL!
David Binns, Director of Operations for Sanako UK & Ireland, has now delivered well in excess of 350 inspirational career talks to students in both state & independent sectors stressing the importance of a second language skill in any chosen career and at initial job interview stage.
These talks are always extremely well received by staff, students & parents with most schools asking for a return visit by him. We hope to one day have him back to doing his every day job too, he has a business to run!
What the MFL teachers say - Wyedean School and Sixth Form Centre
I look forward to hearing from you.
Head of Languages
Wyedean School and Sixth Form Centre
What the MFL teachers say - Queens Park High School
You may remember coming to Queen’s Park High School in Chester last year to speak to our somewhat moody Year 9s about languages in the workplace.
We had a 300% increase in GCSE options for languages this year, which we are thrilled about! Could we book you again for this year please?”
Queen’s Park High School,
What the MFL Teachers Say - Astrea Academy
I just wanted to get in touch to let you know that we have definitely increased our number for GCSE MFL next year. We have received a lot more interest, and, compared to last year, we have had double the number of students choosing Spanish as their first option for GCSE. We are delighted!
Thanks for your support!
Mireia Barrachina Plo
Head of Spanish
What the MFL Teachers Say - Stockport Academy
Good Evening David
I would just like to say, on behalf of Stockport Academy, Year 9 and the MFL Department thank you so much for your time and wise words today in your inspirational talk today.
Tonight we had Year 9 Parent's Evening and it was something which was brought up a lot as I discussed MFL options with Parents/Carers and our students. So I would definitely take that as a success as they very much enjoyed your talk.
Head of Modern Foreign Languages
What the MFL Teachers Say - Monmouth Comprehensive School
Thanks for delivering fantastic talks to our Year 9 today about the importance of languages in their future careers. Such an engaging manner for the year group and with highly relevant messages. We really appreciate your time given to inspiring our students.
Head of International Languages
What the MFL Teachers Say - Trinity St Edward's Academy
Wow! What a presentation, what a speaker and what an impact. Our Year 9 were really lucky to hear from David from Sanako UK this morning about the benefit of languages in the world of work. I've had lots of questions already with the best being " So i'll definitely be able to take languages?"
Head of Modern Languages
What the Pupils Say - Wycliffe College
- It has encouraged me to want to learn a language as it shows it can REALLY help you in the future.
- It has opened my eyes to other cultures, and I found it inspiring.
- I have been made much more enthusiastic.
- Languages could be the key to getting the job that you want and being chosen out of the many people that apply.
- It emphasised the importance of learning a new language and that it can help to get jobs and make friends.
- It has inspired me to take a language to A Level and continue this through the rest of my life. David Binns was the one who most inspired me.
- I am more likely to take a language because of David Binns.
- David was great. He gave us biscuits and gave us a good reason [to take languages].
- It has showed how languages can help you for work opportunities. David was the one who shaped my attitude to languages the most.